Cook the internet

After visiting the beautiful cook islands, and seeing the state of the internet there (1000ms Ping times, 20k max download speeds), and talking with people about how the lack of connectivity is affecting their commerce and emigration, I am going to see what I can do to improve the situation. I'm only one person, but I feel that to preserve the cook islands as they are, they desperately need a quality connection back to the internet. They are losing locals to New Zealand, and I believe that a lack of a tech industry or even a fast connection to the net has a lot to do with that.

I'll try to keep this updated with how it is going. I think that Google may be able to help, but the real solution (fiber to the islands) is a very pricey one. Hopefully I can help to improve things there a bit.

Another large undertaking, hopefully I can make some progress...


/m/

Comments

Popular Posts